La Scarzuola isn’t a village, castle, township, or villa.
La Scarzuola is physically undefinable; it is the soul, the quantum. It is and it is not.
La Scarzuola is open to all, but requires and requests an open mind.
BEFORE PUSHING OPEN THE HEAVY DOORS AND BEGINNING A PERSONAL JOURNEY, IT’S IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
– The visits have a max of 80 people, and waiting lists may be long.
– The Convent and Church are private residences and cannot be visited.
– Visits are not recommended during rainy weather.
– The property is not flat: strollers and those with difficulty walking should avoid visiting; the property does accommodate wheelchairs.
– Dogs are welcome.
– Drones are not welcome.
– Tickets cost 10€ per person.
– Tickets may ONLY be purchased using cash due to problems with network availability.
– Groups may pay using a bank transfer.
– Bathrooms are provided in the garden.
– The property doesn’t sell anything.
– To reach La Scarzuola, take only the official roads. Late parties will not be permitted to enter: Fabro Scalo, Montegabbione, Montegiove, 1 km to the La Scarzuola junction, 2 km of gravel road.
– Buses of up to 10m can drive up to the front entrance. Those larger than that must stay on the local road, and guests will have access to a van service.
– The van service must be privately requested using one of the following contacts: Giampaolo (3356870522) – Picchio e Stella (0763 831387 – 3478198799)
Due to Covid-19, all visitors must wear face masks during the visit.
The property does not serve food or beverages.
The following locations are suggested:
La bottega di Memmo e Gilda Cell. 338 861 2024
L’Enoteca del marchese Misciattelli Tel. 0763 837473
Civico9 Tel. 0763 617543
Carnaiola (Direzione Fabro)
La locanda di Desideria Tel. 0763 832892 Cell. 348 6952903
Monteleone (Direzione Città della Pieve)
L’ape regina Tel. 0763 834244
Piegaro (Direzione Perugia)
Osteria da Elio Tel. 075 835 8005
Civitella dei Conti (Direzione San Venanzo)
Il posto delle more Tel. 075 58741735